Simplify Records Management and Reduce Costs
The education industry consists of academic
institutions, public or private universities and vocational schools. The
U.S. Department of Education states there are approximately 96,000
public schools and 2,600 accredited four-year universities and colleges.
The government, students and teachers are pressuring schools to manage
records electronically and provide online access to information.
The Education Market
|In-Stat research says education IT spending will
grow to $62 billion by 2010, and an IDC study states the largest
school IT spending increases will appear in network equipment,
software and IT services.
Schools inundated with records and government initiatives such as the
National Education Technology Plan and the No Child Left Behind Act are
calling for electronic document management. At the university level,
there is an increasing demand for electronic services and wireless
access to information systems. School success is heavily dependent upon
the ability to manage information. Digitech Systems provides affordable,
easy-to-use Enterprise Content Management (ECM)
that enables schools to unify records systems and:
- Reduce document management costs for enhanced information
- Manage information electronically for improved efficiency and
- Maintain security and student privacy in compliance with
|According to the National Center for Educational
Statistics, a well-designed automated student record system will
reach more than teachers and administrators. It will also benefit
the students, parents, community, legislators, and others by
providing information on the functioning and success of the
On-Demand ECM Reduces Information Costs and Enhances Accessibility
Managing multiple records systems, budget constraints and overloaded
IT departments are challenges for schools everywhere. Administrators are
always looking for ways to reduce costs and improve productivity.
an on-demand ECM service, provides ease of use, rapid implementation and
a low total cost of ownership. Best of all, users have the convenience
of online information access, anywhere, anytime.
- Outsourcing ECM services requires no costly initial capital
investment in hardware or software or IT personnel.
- Digitech Systems maintains and manages ImageSilo, so IT
departments are freed from managing increasing amounts of storage and
- Rapid implementation allows the system to be installed with
minimal impact to school schedules.
- With on-demand ECM, schools can provide secure, remote access to
information and monitor system activity.
“We have improved employee productivity and
saved space without burdening our IT staff. We’ve become a model
district in the region, and other districts frequently visit to see
the ImageSilo system. If they really knew how much they’d save, they
would do it; the system more than pays for itself.”
- Sandra McClure, Director of Finance
Adams County School District 50
Electronic Information Improves Efficiency
Managing and retrieving paper documents across multiple departments
and locations can be costly and time consuming. At a university,
information systems can become more complex. To incite technology-driven
transformations and improve productivity, the U.S. Department of
Education encourages schools to manage information electronically.
PaperVision® Enterprise and
ImageSilo ECM product suites control electronic files, centralize
disparate records systems, streamline information management and improve
- Automatically capturing and indexing electronic files, paper
documents and email messages minimizes keystrokes and school
- Intelligent search capabilities reduce retrieval times and find
student records in seconds.
- Automated document routing accelerates
standard processes and simplifies departmental collaboration.
- Email management captures and
organizes messages for management in the school ECM system.
- Point-and-click integration connects the ECM system to existing
school software for ease of use.
- Online access enables schools
to increase information accessibility while maintaining security
with user logins and access rights.
- On-demand ECM requires no costly capital
investment and little ongoing IT support.
Multiple Levels of Security Protect Student Information
The No Child Left Behind Act, federal laws and state statutes all
require schools to collect, report and maintain student data. Under
these laws, schools must develop, employ and ensure security policies
and procedures for student records. PaperVision Enterprise and ImageSilo
simplify information protection and records disclosure with multiple
levels of security, system integrity and reliability.
- Sophisticated security settings can customize access on an
individual basis and manage user ability to read, change or share
- Redaction hides sensitive information within a document, making it
protected but available for use.
- Documented disclosure tracking maintains a record of who received
information, when and why.
- 256-bit AES data encryption can occur both during transmission and
when information is stored, ensuring data security.